Friday, July 20, 2007

Adventures in mosaics, part 2.

My first mosaic adventure started last fall when I took a glass-on-glass mosaic glass from the [insert big city name] Mosaic School and made the window that you can see on the right side of this blog. It was one of the most fun things that I had done in a while, and I learned that stopping and taking time to be crafty in the midst of all the science is somewhat critical to my sanity! I'd been wanting to take another class from the school, and since I was leaving town soon, I decided to do it. Eight weeks later, here is my masterpiece:

It's significantly smaller than the window (it's a mirror on the inside), but I had just as much fun doing it! I don't know yet how I'm going to continue this hobby when I get to California, but I'm hoping that I will. If only small shards of tile (or glass) didn't fly everywhere when being cut, I might try to do this in my apartment....

Maybe I should just stick to cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stain glass and mosaic!

Bethany said...

Look how pretty! I didn't know you were this talented! :D