Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Moving, part 2

Well, I'm not leaving the Big City for another 4 weeks, but my bed left today. Since I'm moving into a minimally furnished apartment there in California, I no longer needed my wonderful, spacious queen bed (I'll have a twin there) so I sold it to friends who're moving into a house and needed a guest bed. Waking up in my bed this morning was bittersweet. My bedroom does have a lot more room now that all I have is an air mattress! As you can see, I went from this:


... to this:


It's not the Ritz, but it will do well for the next few weeks before I leave. Plus, now I have an air mattress for anyone who comes to visit me!

I think the reality of the fact that I am actually moving in 4 weeks is starting to sink in. I anticipate that they will pass quickly in a whirlwind of activity, despite all my best efforts to stop and savor every moment. Ready or not, California, here I come!

No comments: