Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Are you kidding me?

I looked over at my window just now and realized that the vines outside my apartment are now growing inside my apartment!! What the?! This is the window where my A/C unit lives (at the bottom of the first picture), and I normally keep the curtain pulled across the top part of the window. And no, I don't look behind my curtains a lot, which must be how I missed this!!

Here's a close-up of the top part of the window -- look how far the vine has grown inside! What do I do with this?

And, just in case you were curious how the vine got inside my apartment, you can see in the picture below of the bottom half of the window. The screen is up because of the A/C unit below it, so the vine managed to grow in between the screen and the glass all the way up into my apartment. I mean, seriously?! Is it more desirable to the plant to be living inside instead of out? It can't get water in here. To be honest, though, it does look a bit brown and withery at the top; it must not be thriving.

Needless to say, I am kind of looking forward to leaving this apartment! To live someplace where plants don't grow inside (unless potted, but then I'll most likely kill them) and where the toilet always flushes completely (which is another post entirely) sounds really, really nice right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the blogging bandwagon! We look forward to reading about the shift. :)