Monday, August 20, 2007

Um, yeah.

Even the most stable brain operates just a millimeter from madness.

I haven't finished reading this article yet, but I liked the first sentence a lot. I feel like it can be applied to almost anything... including planning a cross-country move.

Good news of the day? The sky was beautiful today. Not just plain pretty blue with a random puffy cloud here or there, but gorgeous with tons of weird clouds and the sun shining through in way that makes you remember that God loves you.

Random linkage of the day:
  1. The yummiest looking cranberry limeade ever can be found here
  2. Incredible picture of a plane after a huge fire
  3. I didn't even know they were dating in real life -- didn't they date on House?
And lastly, the full text of this can be found here, but what stood out to me from the post on waiting was this:

Waiting on God isn't about the suspension of meaning and purpose. It's part of the meaning and purpose that God has brought into my life. Waiting on God isn't to be viewed as an obstruction in the way of the plan. Waiting is an essential part of the plan. For the child of God, waiting isn't simply about what I'll receive at the end of my wait. No, waiting is much more purposeful, efficient, and practical than that. Waiting is fundamentally about what I'll become as I wait. God is using the wait to do in and through me exactly what he's promised. Through the wait he's changing me. By means of the wait he's altering the fabric of my thoughts and desires. Through the wait he's causing me to see and experience new things about him and his kingdom. And all of this sharpens me, enabling me to be a more useful tool in his redemptive hands. Waiting on God is restorative. (emphasis added) It's one of the tools God uses to remake us into what we were designed to be in the beginning. Yet, I don't like to wait and I still struggle to wait well. How about you? ... Picture in your mind the nimble and skilled fingers of a potter, who's putting pressure on the clay right where it's needed, so that it will take on the beauty that is it's potential. And with this picture in mind, give thanks for the very moment that would have once have driven you crazy.


"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

No comments: