Saturday, September 29, 2007

Deep breath... and routine

Finally. I finally feel like I can sit back and breathe. I have been running non-stop for the last several months, and I finally had a spare moment this Saturday to sit back and do nothing. Other than a few brief errands (having to drive all the way to the bank during business hours to deposit a check since I don't have my check/ATM card yet for my new account, getting SBucks, and going on a quick trip to the market for real food for dinner), I basically spent the whole day at home, relaxing, watching TV and working on the 2nd half of T's b'day present. Spending the entire day at home with minimal need for my extroverted half to come out to play was AMAZING. This past week was filled with tons of welcome picnics and other things like that which completely wore out my extroverted half, and I really, really needed the down time to relax and reset. I feel refreshed and ready to start the week tomorrow.

My Sunday (after church and lunch with new friends) will be filled with all sorts of cleaning, organizing, Safeway-ing, emailing and just general preparation for the week, and I'm so excited about it! It will be the first Sunday since I've been here that I'll be preparing for a regular, normal work week; I can start getting into a routine! I know people get tired of routines, but they are familiar and stress-free to me. Being able to settle into a routine means that I really do live here; it also means that I want to make the most of adjusting to my life here. Hence I am very excited to spend my Sunday preparing for a routine week.

Bring on the routine. (But just not the rain... Jo Dee Messina, anyone?)

No comments: