Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New, new, new.

In the last week or so, lots and lots of new things have happened here in California.
  1. As per this post, my California driver's license came in the mail
  2. I actually got the gas pump to work all on my own (see this if you're curious why this is exciting)
  3. I explored outside of the Big School's campus/the surrounding grocery store/target/etc area (pictures coming soon) which included driving across the Big Bridge, seeing trees that were more than 1000 years old, and watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean
  4. I got a new cell phone (and number.... leave a message if you want it and I haven't already emailed it to you) -- it's so tiny!!
  5. I braved the DMV office, again, and came out victorious -- with license plates in hand!
  6. I opened a new bank account. Since starting college in 2000, this is my 5th bank. That's absurd.
All in all, it's been an interesting last few weeks. Oh, AND -- I passed my qualifying exams!! So I am officially a Ph.D. Candidate.... again. If only the Big School gave out free business cards, too.... sad.

Stay tuned for some picture updates soon. I promise. For real this time.

No comments: