Monday, October 15, 2007

Sightseeing! (Part 1 of 3)

(Side note: This and the next 2 posts will be fun photo updates from my birthday weekend... in September. Better late than never, right?)

I finally got to go on my first CA sight-seeing adventure the weekend that T was in town for my birthday! I definitely do think that the entirety of where I live is absolutely gorgeous, thus I hadn't noticed that I had not left it during the first three weeks that I was here. Hence it was unexpectedly really fun and exciting to get out and drive up the peninsula. The first part of our adventure involved driving across the Big Bridge on our way up to a national park (that'll be post 2 of 3), which was SO COOL. Not only was it featured in the opening credits of Full House, but it also used to be the world's longest and tallest suspension bridge. Plus you can see practically the best view possible of downtown from there.

Here's the view from the car as we were driving up to the bridge (T was great and drove so that I could take pictures and look all around!). Sadly there was a big bug smeared on my windshield, which kind of hurt the pictures, but here it is anyway.

The view looking up as we were driving under the first pillar going north.

And while the view to the right back at the city was amazing while we were driving across, all the security bars (that keep you from falling off the bridge from the sidewalk) got in the way of my pictures! I couldn't get a picture of the city through the bars but I did manage to get one of The Rock:

Once we crossed the bridge, the scenery was beautiful. Ever since moving here, I'm continually amazed at how amazingly gorgeous the natural beauty of California is. Seriously.

When it was time to drive south across the Big Bridge, I finally got that picture of downtown that I couldn't get before.

(I still might like the Big City skyline better...)

I also managed to get the picture below, which is probably my favorite of all the Big Bridge ones! Granted, all of the pictures were from a moving car. I definitely want to go back sometime soon and actually walk across the bridge (or at least halfway and back) and hike around in the hills on both sides of the bridge in the parks. Anyone want to come visit and go with me?

No comments: