Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Unpacking!

As promised, I'm finally posting pictures of the last few weeks here in California! I figured the best place to start would be the crazy, hyper-speed process of unpacking. My roommate "moved" in on Sept 7th (a Friday), but thankfully she just picked up her keys that day and wasn't actually moving in until the following Monday. As Murphy's Law predicted, my stuff didn't arrive until the very last day of my promised delivery range -- Saturday, Sept 8th. I had forgotten the following truth until they started lugging my stuff up to my 3rd floor apartment:

I have a ton of crap.

Not that I mean any disrespect to any of my stuff, because it's all nice and perfect for me... but I have a lot of it. It didn't seem like a lot in my old apartment in the Big City because I had cleaned out almost half of it and had twice as much room. But once all the boxes were moved in, I could barely move around to get stuff unpacked!

See here's the living room:

... and the view into the kitchen:

Yes, it was a little bit (um, ok, LOT) out of control. I agree. And if you're wondering what this space looked like with nothing in it, please see this post for pictures.

I also used the then-empty 2nd bedroom to stage all of the boxes filled with stuff for my bedroom and the various 57 boxes filled with books while I unpacked/organized them:

I'm not sure if you can tell, but those boxes are easily neck-high on me. Seriously.

After a late delivery on that Saturday (the movers left at 4pm, and I hadn't had lunch yet that day), I did actually manage to get some stuff unpacked Saturday night with a lot of help from a new friend from church. By the end of the night, my kitchen was at least "unpacked":


Curious as to how I managed to fit everything into the apartment? Especially considering how everything needed to be unpacked before my roommate showed up on Monday?

To be continued....

Please stay tuned for the next installment of this crazy life.

No comments: